The Surgery Scheduler must schedule office based and hospital procedures consistent with the patient’s diagnosis and procedure request.
Position requires utilization of clinical knowledge to schedule appropriate procedures/surgeries per provider’s orders.
Also requires excellent customer service skills with patients, employees, and the public. The Surgery Coordinator must be able to respond to both written and oral correspondence regarding scheduling changes/cancellations in a timely, accurate manner. Individual must be organized, and be able to manage demanding workload with accuracy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules office and hospital based medical procedures, for patients with appropriate provider and time/location slot, utilizing appropriate scheduling code.
- Schedules diagnostic and imaging tests to be completed. Schedules office and hospital based medical procedures, tests and imaging ensuring available time is utilized to maximum efficiency.
- Interfaces with appropriate vendor staff to ensure all necessary equipment will be on site for
office and hospital based procedures, including scheduling with contracted anesthesia groups.
- Interfaces with appropriate hospital staff to ensure a cohesive working relationship in providing patient care serves.
- Enters notes/special instructions needed for scheduling in the electronic medical record.
- Effectively utilizes clinical knowledge when determining if appointment is consistent with the
diagnosis/indications indicated by the provider.
- Completes accurate documentation of informed consent with patients for procedures and
surgeries as needed.
- Provides accurate, detailed information to patients regarding test preparations, time of patients
scheduled arrival, and any other directional information needed; takes appropriate action in
responding to questions from patients.
- Confirms patient’s insurance provider and either obtains prior authorization or communicates
need for prior authorization to appropriate parties as needed.
- Ensures patients have proper medical clearance and pre-surgical testing as needed.
- Completes pre-procedure phone calls and confirms appointment times with patients via telephone.
- Ensures completion of assessment for advance directive, including DNR when applicable.
- Reviews discharge instructions with patients and ensures proper follow-up appointments are scheduled at the time the procedure is scheduled.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that organizes patient safety and reduces
the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Assists other members of the department as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.