Office Manager (Marketing Experience Required)
Effectively manages marketing efforts and has experience developing and executing marketing campaigns to build community awareness.
Manages overall clinical operations as well as growth and development in a new market. This role requires extreme focus on business development with emphasis on marketing of the Practice.
- Effectively manages marketing efforts and has experience developing and executing marketing campaigns to build community awareness.
- Manages overall clinical operations as well as growth and development in a new market. This role requires extreme focus on business development with emphasis on marketing of the Practice.
- Execute day to day operations of the office by ensuring the following is completed:
- Employee scheduling, weekly meetings, report generation, inventory assessment, supply ordering, employee training and other duties as assigned or needed within the office
- Provide guidance on optical equipment usage, proper medical chart handling, insurance, and billing, frame and contact lens selection, policies and procedures, and computer software
- Compile operational reports to gain a strong insight into the business and how to direct the team on what needs to be done to fix focus areas
- Lead the office by guiding them to success through focused support and coaching
- Enhance processes and workflow by taking initiative to build action plans to increase the efficiency and profitability of the office
- Collaborate with Regional Manager and HR on employee relations and recruitment needs
- Collaborate with other Office Managers and Regional Manager to develop creative approaches to areas of improvement
- Actively engage in constructive conversations with employees to help address improvement areas and formulate follow-up actions
- Actively train employees on how to provide a world-class patient experience
- Act as the liaison between employees and the Regional Manager and Corporate
- Motivate employees by remaining positive and communicating any changes or news in a supportive and constructive way
- Ensure the office and employees are always compliant with HIPAA
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Manager
- Effectively manages overall clinical operations as well as growth and development in a new market. This role works collaboratively within the ophthalmology team and requires extreme focus on business development with emphasis on marketing of the Practice.
- The position requires a high degree of flexibility and the ability to work collaboratively across multiple projects. Must be a highly engaged leader and possess a high level of acuity in business acumen while also possessing strong skills in developing a patient-focused team that is goal oriented.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Reliable transportation that would allow employee to go to multiple work locations with minimal notice when applicable
- Ability to work weekends when applicable
- Desire to gain industry knowledge and training
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being team-oriented and patient-focused
- Commitment to work over 40 hours to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times
Education and/or Experience
- A bachelor's degree in marketing or business, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing or a marketing related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of optical or ophthalmic management or industry-related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a marketing-related position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.