Our doctors work with a network of optometrists in the Birmingham area, co-managing advanced surgeries and specific treatments. You can keep your favorite optometrist, and still have LASIK and Cataract surgery with us! Ask your optometrist for a referral to our practice and we are happy to work alongside them to provide the best care for your vision & hearing.
Questions to ask your LASIK Surgeon?
1. Are you Cornea fellowship trained?
2. How long have you been doing LASIK?
3. Do you offer iLASIK (Intralase + VISX CustomIR), the next generation in LASIK?
4. How many procedures have you performed?
5. Do you offer free consultations WITH THE DOCTOR?
6. May I talk to some of your LASIK patients?
7. What is your enhancement rate?
8. What are your visual results?
9. Do you live in Birmingham or just come to town to perform surgery?
10.If I am not a candidate for LASIK, do you offer comprehensive vision correction procedures such as implantable contact lenses and refractive lensectomy that may help restore my natural vision?
Find the doctor nearest to you who trusts their patients' advanced surgical care to the ophthalmologists at the Alabama Vision & Hearing Center.