Price M. Kloess, M.D.
Dr. Price Kloess is a board-certified, fellowship-trained ophthalmologist specializing in blade-free all laser Custom LASIK laser vision correction, "no stitch" cataract laser and surgery, refractive lens exchange with bifocal implants, phakic IOL surgery, and corneal transplantation surgery. He served as Cornea Chairman and Consultant to the USAF Surgeon General for refractive surgery for several years before returning home to Birmingham in 1994 as the founder and Medical Director of the Alabama Vision & Hearing Center. He is a Principal Investigator for the Alcon FDA Phakic IOL Study and a clinical consultant for several pharmaceutical and surgical companies. Dr. Kloess is a clinical assistant for the Eye Hospital in Birmingham. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and served as President of the Alabama Academy of Ophthalmology.
Education and Training
- B.S. University of Alabama
- M.D. University of Alabama School of Medicine
- Harvard Basic Sciences Course in Ophthalmology
- Residency in Ophthalmology, Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center
- Fellowship, Cornea, Emory University School of Medicine
- LASIK certification by NIDEK, VISX, Summit, Autonomous LADAR Vision
- Alabama Academy of Ophthalmology, President
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certification
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, Fellow
- Baptist Montclair Hospital, Chief, Division of Ophthalmology
- UAB Callahan Eye Hospital, Assistant Professor
March 1993 "Mitomycin C after Pterygium Excision"
Dr. Kloess has been married over 35 years to his wife Joy, and they are members of Mountain Brook Community Church. On the weekends, Dr. Kloess enjoys spending time with family, playing golf, and traveling to new cities. He and his wife stay entertained with their three adult children and two grandchildren!
Dr. Price Kloess has been elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 2007 to 2014. Compiled by Boston-based Best Doctors, Inc., the Best Doctors in America® database is the result of an exhaustive survey of more than 40,000 physicians in the United States. Only those doctors recognized in the top 3% of their specialty earn this prestigious honor of being named one of the Best Doctors in America®